Okra is a vegetable that is tall growing and it traced its origin from ancient Ethiopia (Abyssinia) through to Eastern Mediterranean, India, the Americas and the Caribbean. It is commonly known as lady’s finger or by its biological names Abelmoschus esculentus and Hibiscus esculentus. Now a day’s this little lady’s finger or okra is gaining a vast popularity in treating world’ most common condition of people. This condition affects all over the globe and there is no any strict thought that can provide the information, why this condition occurs? This most common condition is called as Diabetes. This small vegetable is mainly used in the warm climate area and including this small green vegetable in your regular diet may provide you a list of health benefits. Apart from several health benefits, okra has the power to cure the most common and lengthy condition diabetes.
Okra health benefits?
This vegetable is low in calories and full of vitamins. Here are some most amazing health benefits which can force you to include this full of nutrition vegetable in your diet from right away.
- Mucilage and fiber has been found in okra which helps to regulate blood sugar level by making it more easier to observe in small intestine.
- People suffering from gastro-intestinal tract may get relief by using okra because it has superior quality of fiber.
- It has greater percentage of water in the bulk so this is one of the best prevention against constipation, gas and bloating in the stomach. It also helps to reabsorbed water and trasp excess cholesterol and toxins because it has mucilage which helps to slip it out through the bowel.
- If you are on your weight loss diet, then okra will be the best diet because it has been called as the storehouse of health benefits with very low calories. Most importantly its amazing mucilage contained in it is not lost while cooking.
- You can use okra to treat irritable bowels, heals ulcers and sooths the gastrointestinal track.
- Seeds of okra contain protein and oil which serves as the source of first-rate vegetable protein. It is enriched with amino acids on the likes of tryptophan, cystine and other sulfur amino acids.
- Okra is much recommended for pregnant woman because it is rich in folic acid. Folic acid is essential in the neural tube formation of the fetus during 4-12 weeks of gestation period in the mother’s womb.
- Eating okra provides a plenty of vitamin like A, Thiamin, B6, C, folic acid, riboflavin, calcium, zinc and dietary fiber.
Okra and diabetes!
Researchers say that okra contains anti-diabetic properties. It contains superior insoluble fiber which is believed to help stabilize your blood glucose by slowing the rate at which sugar is absorbed from the intestinal tract. Health experts say that regular eating habit of okra may help you reduce blood glucose levels. It has been found that raw okra is more powerful than boiled or steamed. In order to decrease your blood glucose level, you need to take two fresh and nice looking okra and cut from the both ends. Now you’ll have to cut it in small pieces and keep it in bowl and pour some water on it. Leave it to soak for overnight and next morning remove the okra from the water and drink the leftover water. You’ll have to repeat this procedure every day. After drinking this okra water for 15 days to one month, you will be able to decrease your blood glucose level normal. If you want to make your blood glucose level normal then add this healthy habit in your daily routine and you will get several health benefits of okra including normal blood sugar.